We provide storage solutions for non-free flowing bulk solids and large quantities
Our Eurosilo Concept
A Eurosilo combines enclosed storage with a choice of ingenious reclaim mechanisms. These mechanisms are designed to enable reclamation of even such sticky bulk solids as FGD gypsum, making the notorious ‘flow-no flow’ criteria a thing of the past. This proven solution also meets the requirements of environmental protection agencies worldwide. Leading to over 40 years of experience, we have now built over 125 units around the world.
In the Eurosilo system, the bulk solid content accumulates in horizontal layers. The material enters the silo through the top of the silo, descends through a telescopic spout and is distributed by means of a screw conveyor system suspended from a slewing-bridge structure. The Eurosilo concept offers a choice of four different reclaim systems:
- Core Flow for coal storage and other free-flowing materials
- Core Flow with Central Column for coal, potato starch and soybeans
- Slotted Central Column for cohesive materials like fertilizer, salt and FGD gypsum
- Shutter Column System for materials with a very small particle size like fly ash
Eurosilos are custom-made to the customer’s requirements. These are some options.
- The silo can be built with a steel structure, a wooden inner wall and standard outer wall cladding, as a slip-formed concrete silo or as a steel tank. Tracing and/or insulation of the outer wall are also possible.
- Additional dewatering can be achieved through a drainage system and by installing an optional vacuum unit.
- The systems can be equipped with remote control operation, based on data bus systems.
- Extended silo structures for mounting of equipment, for example, a dewatering station at the top of an FGD gypsum silo
- Truck and train loading facilities, including a weighing system, directly underneath the silo.
These options are a selection of many. Each silo can be customized to specific needs and requirements.